Hi to all you folkies out there. We are heading towards summer, although it’s sometimes hard to believe.
Acoustic Routes is not presenting a concert during October because Wellyfest is being held right in the middle, at the Brookfield Scout Camp, Moores Valley Road, Wainuiomata, from the evening of Friday the 20th until late Sunday the 22nd (Labour Weekend).
Acoustic Routes and performers associated with Acoustic Routes will be prominent performing throughout the weekend. These include:
- Helen Dorothy, an amazing local singer, songwriter, launching her new CD, accompanied by Lott and Paul
- Reverie, Tony and Victoria singing wonderful harmonies
- The T Bone Trio Richard, Dusty and Gerry playing wonderful music that is bound to get you dancing
- Vikki Clayton and Gilly Darby, two very experienced Pro performers formerly from the UK folk scene
- K Too, our own Kevins (McLoughlin and Ikin) launching their wonderful new CD of West Coast NZ songs
- Chilli Jam playing for the Saturday night ceilidh
- Acoustic Routes will be represented at the Balladeer concert from 12.15 pm until 1. 00 pm by Toil And Trouble, (Ron Craig, Mary Hubble and Jude Douglas). Lovely harmonies and instrumental accompaniment
- Julian and Diana. Julian Ward and Diana Bastion featuring gorgeous guitar accompanying very lovely mainly trad singing. Very beautiful.
- Dominic Rowsell . A young up-and-coming performer, who is a multi, multi instrumentalist.
Come along for the whole weekend and camp, or just visit for the day. Details are available on the web. Always a superb festival, which as always has a number of outstanding national and international world class guests.